PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT 4 OF 2013 (POPI ACT)
Are you ready? The cut-off date for compliance with the POPI Act is fast approaching
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS BETTER INFORMATION SECURITY
Compliance in terms of the POPI Act will become regulated on 1 July 2021. Do you have everything in place to ensure that you are in the clear?
The POPI Act aims to protect the privacy and information of individuals and encourages ethical, responsible data use, while regulating how information is organised, stored, secured, and discarded.
The Act ensures the integrity and confidentiality of clients’ and employees’ personal information by preventing loss, damage, and unauthorised access to the personal data.
Non-compliance can have great repercussions, with penalties of up to R 10 000 000 and/or imprisonment. The POPI Act should, however, not be seen as a barrier for effective business, but rather as an aid to protect the business itself and its clients.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
We understand this recent shift in law while also understanding the need of the modern business to use valuable information. We will:
- Help you overcome compliance challenges
- Help you implement a process of lawful information utilisation
- Place you in a position to avoid penalties for non-compliance
- Drafting mandatory information policies and POPI Manuals
- Stay abreast of all new legal developments that may affect you including provision of training in respect hereof.
THE INITIAL STEP IS TO REGISTER INFORMATION OFFICERS WITH THE HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL AND INFORMATION REGULATOR. ADP INC IS OFFERING THIS SERVICE TO CLIENTS AT R820.00 PLUS VAT
GET IN TOUCH WITH US TODAY.